EFAA is looking to recruit a part-time (50%) assistant with a keen interest in EU affairs, communication and event management who is a quick learner, able to understand technical matters and eager to contribute to EFAA’s mission and become a fully-integrated member of the team.
EFAA’s work is focused on the needs of small- and medium-sized accountants and auditors (SMPs) as well as on the interest of their clients, small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), in the context of today’s fast changing European and international environment.
The successful candidate will answer to the Head of Secretariat and Public Affairs and will be expected to :
- Support communication activities, including the planning, creation, review and testing of social media and web content, drafting emails and reviewing the layout and quality of documents;
- Assist with the organisation and running of events, including planning, logistics, event promotion, invitations, communication with partners and attendees, technical coordination and after-event follow-up / feedback;
- Contribute to EU monitoring, research and reporting;
- Manage the calendar and agenda: schedule calls and meetings, book venues, help solve agenda conflicts, etc..
- Attend meetings, take minutes and ensure follow-up on the action points discussed
- An academic background, and/or significant professional experience in, one or more of the following: communications, event management, office management , business, marketing;
- Excellent command of oral and written English and of at least one other EU language;
- Good command of Office365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.); experience also with WordPress and Mailchimp would be a plus;
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and accuracy;
- A real team player, proactive, communicative and polite with a positive personality, a strong sense of responsibility and the drive to get things done together;
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, resistant to stress;
- Good communication skills.
The vacancy is a 50% position under Belgian law.
The position is based in Brussels. Applicants must have the right to work in Belgium.
EFAA offers a competitive salary package consisting of a monthly salary and several additional in-kind benefits.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the referral “Part-Time Administrative and Event Assistant”. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please ensure all requested documents are added to your application.